- 1 Introduction
- 2 Specialty of Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
- 3 Timings:
- 4 Places to Visit:
- 5 Accommodation:
- 6 Top-rated Hotels
- 7 Cost for a 3-4 days trip
- 8 Breaking the trip price/day:
- 9 Some Famous Places:
- 10 Conclusion
The Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary was inaugurated by Sanjay Gandhi in 1975. This Sanctuary contains a significant number of Indian
Elephants, some of them are of the rarest variety. Here, we will also find a
Shiva temple that becomes an eye-catcher during Shivratri (Hindu Festival). Further, there are many activities and things to explore in this place which include the dense forest, wildlife, lush hills, Subarnarekha River, and many more. This place is a perfect tourist spot with pleasant weather, scenic beauty, and is a paradise for elephants.
But, what makes this place really special are the varieties of elephants found here which are really rare, and also some more interesting facts are covered in this article.
So let’s begin.
Some useful information:
Location: Jharkhand, 20 KMs from Jamshedpur
Nearest Railway Station: Chandil Railway Station (IRCTC Code: CNI), 21.60 KMs
Nearest Airport: Ranchi Airport, 128.10 KMs
Distance from Delhi: 1,379.40 KMs by Road
So, now let’s speak about the activities that we can enjoy there once
we are in.
Some Unique Features Here
- Firstly, the city looks beautiful at night from the Dalma Hills.
- Then we have small hideouts in the sanctuary to view animals without actually disturbing their natural habitat. This place has a good variety of flora and fauna. Some of the rarest variety of elephants (both male and female) are seen here which will be exciting to explore.
- Apart from watching animals in their natural habitat, there are many other places to visit nearby which is exciting enough to make your trip memorable. Let us discuss the places that we should not miss visiting in Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary.
Specialty of Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary has a really good collection of animals along with a huge variety of Asian Elephants. Some of the rarest varieties of Elephants are found here which makes this place unique. One should visit through Tata Steel Adventure Foundation from November to February to see elephants. Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary is the first sanctuary in India that offers foot safari. Tourists can roam around the sanctuary on foot under the guidance of forest guides.
One can also stay in the special bamboo huts in Makulakocha Village and is a unique experience to stay in the lap of nature there. The rate of rent in bamboo huts in Rs.1100.
The Sanctuary also has animals namely Deer, Sloth Bear, Porcupines, Elephants, Pangolin, Squirrel which are the main inhabitants. Other than that, there are some rarer animals both big and small.
Birds include falcons, golden oriole, Indian treepie, paradise flycatchers, grey hornbills, Indian peafowl, different varieties of kingfishers, herons, egrets, mynas, pigeons, racket-tailed drongo, magpie robins.
Every season the common animals are seen as they are mostly found in
Zoo. But, if someone wants to be lucky enough, they may visit the place from mid-November to February when it actually winters in India. So, they may find a large different collection of migrant birds that may fill their photo album with pleasant memories.
The timings for tourists to visit the sanctuary are from 7 AM to 5 PM every day including summer and winter. Only the tourists having special permission to stay overnight and are allowed to stay after 5 PM.
Places to Visit:
Although there are many places to visit, yet the most popular ones are mentioned below which will convert your trip into a memorable photo album forever.
- Hanuman Temple
- Shiva Temple
- Elephant rescue center
- Bamboo hut
- Deer enclosure
- Jubilee Park
- Dimna lake
- Tata Steel Zoological Park
- JRD TATA Sports complex
- Jayanti Sarovar
- Sun Spa
And many more to continue. Here you will also find almost everything that one needs for an all-round trip including big shopping malls.
Plus there are great accommodation options for you and other tourists. So let’s discuss them.
As popular and exciting this place seems, more are the accommodation options for tourists and for others who want to spend their holidays in such a beautiful and tourist-friendly spot.
The hotels found here are customer-friendly and provides great satisfaction to every tourist and customer, which is listable from the ratings and reviews of these popular Hotels.
Address– Plot no 678 &1008, Opposite Voltas Building | Opp. Voltas Building, Bistupur main road, Jamshedpur 831001, India Located– 13.4 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Address– Holding No 3 | Bistupur, Jamshedpur 831001, India
Located– 12.9 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Address– 93 Sakchi New Planning Area | Water Works Road, Jamshedpur 831001, India
Located– 10.8 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Address– 9, New Kalimati Road | Sakchi, Jamshedpur 831001,
Located– 11.2 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Address– Inner Circle Road, Contractors Area | Bistupur, Jamshedpur 831001, India
Located– 12.3 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Address– 171, New Baradwari | Sakchi, Jamshedpur 831001,
Located– 10.5 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Address– Holding No. 4 | Ramdas Bhatta, Bistupur, Jamshedpur 8310010, India
Located– 12.9 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Address– 522, Straight Mile Road, Kasidih, Sakchi, Jamshedpur 831001,
Located– 11.5 km from Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
Apart from these top-rated hotels, there are several other hotels in the minimum range to fit every pocket and is suitable for every class of people. One can also find a large number of OYO rooms available here at an affordable cost.
One can either book their hotels online by paying through net banking, or they can come to the hotel and can find a room to stay in exchange for cash. Several other benefits are there but cost should not be a factor for us. Let us look at the costing.
Cost for a 3-4 days trip
Everything comes to a stop when one comes to know about the cost, which will not be a factor if one is visiting Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary because everything here is super affordable.
A single person staying in one of the most luxurious hotels for 4 days will cost them approx 25000 INR or cheaper (Including hotel charges).
But the actual rate depends on the amount of money you spend on your shopping and rest things.
Breaking the trip price/day:
- Railway Ticket- Rs.1000 (approx.)
- Wildlife Safari- Rs.100
- Luxurious Hotel- Rs.3500 (approx.)
- Other expenses- According to the tourist’s wish.
Traveling here is affordable and suits one’s mood and will refresh your mind. You can plan a short trip here to enjoy some time with your family despite your busy schedule.
Now let us look at the things that make this wildlife sanctuary famous and different from the rest.
Some Famous Places:
As already mentioned there are many places which will refresh our minds, let us see the top places that we should be looking for once we reach Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Jubilee Park– Right at the heart of the city Jamshedpur, this park is the biggest in the city without any entry fee.
- Dimna Lake- This place is perfect for a short day trip and is pleasing to spend some time with nature in this place. It is a man-made Lake that supplies water to the city of Jamshedpur.
- JRD TATA Sports complex- This area is the best ground in Jamshedpur. Almost all sports activities like athletic, Archery Swimming, Basketball, Basketball, Roll ball, Handball, Skating, Boxing, Yoga, Weightlifting & many more occur here.
- Tata Steel Zoological Park-This is the only privately operated zoo in India, operated by the Corporate
House. This place is famous for Mandrill, African Lions, White Tiger, Zebra, and Butterfly Park.
- Jayanti Sarovar- Jayanti Sarovar is a big lake at one end of Jubilee Park, which is situated in the middle of the city. People enjoy boating and fishing.
- Golpahari Temple- The Golpahari Temple is a famous temple of Hindus located in the uphills. From the Jamshedpur railway station, one has to drive 2km to reach this place.
- P&M Hi-Tech City Centre Mall- This mall is a perfect place for tourists as one can shop from here and make their trip more memorable. There are also lots of western brands available including a Big Bazaar, Westside, etc., for beautiful Indian clothing.
- Hudco Lake- This is another famous place that one should visit while visiting Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary. This is a quiet and peaceful place and one will be impressed by the beauty of nature offered to its tourists.
- Sun Spa and Beauty Saloon- Sun Spa and Beauty Salon is there to help the tourists. This is a really good spa center, where one can relax, have face massage, head massage, facial, etc.
- Kalamandir- This is another place to visit and is popular for Hindus in India and proves to be another thrilling and exciting place for the tourists.
As clear from the above article, we can see that Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary is probably the best sanctuary that one can ever visit. It is a perfect place for everything that one requires on a short trip.
This will refresh your mind and you can work with greater efforts after returning from the trip. Alongside, visit this place will prove to be a memorable short trip with a scenic and pleasant atmosphere multifaceted.
So, if one is planning for a short trip, then Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary will be the ideal place for them for an all-around memorable trip providing everything that one may cherish for.